Note: There is an updated version of this article, which applies to the next generation of TimeXtender.
This guide will cover how to deploy and configure your environment using the Azure Marketplace App: TimeXtender Application Server
The deployment of the Azure resources will vary depending on Azure resource availability. Deploying the necessary Azure resources generally takes ~15 minutes.
Complete the following steps to configure TimeXtender Application Server on Azure:
- Deploy TimeXtender Application Server
- Connect to the virtual machine
- Install the Latest version of TimeXtender and ODX Server
- Configure the ODX Server
- Configure the TimeXtender Environment
Deploy the TimeXtender Application Server
- Sign-in to https://portal.azure.com
- Navigate to the TimeXtender Application Server Azure Deployment
- OR type "TimeXtender Application Server" In the Search bar.
- Click Create.
- Configure your desired properties for the Virtual Machine.
- Click Create.
Connect to the Virtual Machine
- Once deployment is complete, navigate to the Virtual machine & Click Connect
- Select RDP and download the RDP file.
- Open the RDP file once it has downloaded and click Connect
- Enter in the credentials to connect to the virtual machine that you created earlier and click Ok to connect.
Configure User Accounts & Permissions
For TimeXtender and its services to run properly, you must first Configure User Accounts & Permissions.
Configure the Firewall
Configure the Firewall on the Application server with the Required Firewall Rules.
Install & Configure ODX Server
Download, Install, & Configure the ODX Server on your Production Application Server.
Install & Configure TimeXtender Desktop
Download, Install & Configure the TimeXtender Desktop Application. If all machines are running within the same physical or virtual network, the desktop application can be installed on a user client machine. Otherwise, the desktop application should be installed and used directly on the Application Server.