Custom Data Source
The Custom Data Source works in conjunction with a separate provider - or driver - to enable access to data sources that are not supported by the core TimeXtender product.
Adding a Custom Data Source
The setup for a Custom Data Source depends on the provider you are using. While the general steps to add a Custom Data Source is explained below, you should consult the documentation for the provider to learn more about the specific settings.
To add a custom data source, follow the steps below.
- Open a business unit, right click Data Sources, click Data Sources and then click Add Custom Data Source The Add Custom Data Source window appears.
- In the Name box, type a name for the data source.
- In the Provider list, click the provider you want to use.
- In the Setup Property list, click the property you want to edit. Go through all properties in the list and edit the settings for the connection in the property list below.
- Click Test Connection to verify that the connection is working.
- Click OK to close the window and add the data source.